Are You Protected from the Unexpected?Providing Our Clients Asset & Health Protection Since 2004.
Available to residents and citizens of the United States (excluding Hawaii) and Canada, Travel MedEvac has you covered whether you travel or live in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, the Bahamas or Bermuda. If a member is traveling more than 150 miles from home and admitted to a hospital for a serious injury or illness, our preferred provider Air Ambulance Worldwide will return the member to their home hospital of choice. If a US member is admitted to a hospital while at home and requires a “specialty hospital” transport that is approved by their personal health insurance more than 150 miles away from home, Travel MedEvac will also provide the air medical transport at no additional cost.
MEDICAL EVACUATION SERVICES
- Air Medical Transport to Your Home Hospital of Choice: Your Hospital, Your Doctors, Your Health Network – Travel MedEvac membership includes Air Medical Transport every step of the way.
- Ground Ambulance Transport from Hospital-to-Hospital: “Your Air Medical Transport includes ground ambulance transfers from the receiving hospital where you are being transported to the accepting hospital where you will be admitted.”
- Specialty Hospital Transport When at Home: If you are a United States citizen residing in the United States and approved by your primary health provider for medical transport for care in a “specialty hospital” more than 150 miles from home, we will provide the medical transport to you with no out-of-pocket expense.
- Post Medical Transport Return: If a member seeks continued recovery following an extended hospital stay for a serious injury or illness and is more than 150 miles away from home, Travel MedEvac will provide transportation of the member to a medical facility for further recovery at no additional cost to the Travel MedEvac member.
- Medical Transport for Organ Transplant: If a member requires air medical transport for an organ transplant, Travel MedEvac will provide medical transportation at no additional expense. If you are on an organ donor list at the time of application, you are not eligible.
- Organ Transport to Transplant Recipient’s Hospital: If a member requires the delivery of an organ for transplant, Travel MedEvac will cover the expense. If you are on an organ donor list at the time of application, you are not eligible.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AND BENEFITS
- Return of Children & Grandchildren: If a member is hospitalized and air medically transported back home, Travel MedEvac will pay for a one way commercial flight back home for the member’s minor children or grandchildren with an escort as needed.
- Visitor Transportation: If in the rare instance a member is hospitalized and too unstable to fly and can’t be transported within 7 days, we will provide roundtrip commercial air to a family member or friend to fly to the nearest commercial airport to visit the member in the hospital.
- Return of Stranded Vehicle, RV, Motorcycle and Watercraft: Travel MedEvac will return your vehicle, RV, travel trailer, motorcycle or watercraft if you are transported by air medical ambulance to your home hospital of choice in the US or Canada. In some instances and based on location, transport may require a family or friend to legally transport your vehicle across international borders.
- Transport and Repatriation of Mortal Remains: Should you pass away while traveling more than 150 miles from home or living away from home, we will arrange with you or your family’s chosen mortuary destination to transport your remains home. We will also cover the cost of commercial air fare to have a family member or designated friend accompany the transport of a member’s remains.
- Transport of Traveling Companion or Family Member: Your traveling companion or family member will be transported with you every step of the way. If for any reason, due to a patient’s condition or other restriction, a companion or family member is not permitted to join the air medical transport, we will cover the cost of commercial transportation to the nearest commercial airport to the hospital where the member is transferred.
- Return Travel Home for Expatriates: Travel MedEvac will provide commercial air return for an expatriate discharged from the hospital following an air medical transport arranged by Travel MedEvac. This service is provided to both the member and the companion transported at the same time as the original air medical transport.
- Tourist & Travel Information: Travel MedEvac will assist Members seeking tourist and travel information for a specific destination outside of their home country.
- US State Department Advisory Information: Travel MedEvac will assist Members seeking information on the latest advisories and travel warnings for destinations outside of their home country.
- Communication with Embassies and Consulates: Travel MedEvac will assist members seeking to communicate with government embassies and consulates outside of their home country.
- Emergency Messaging Service: Travel MedEvac will assist Members who need to send emergency messages to family, friends and business associates while traveling outside of their home country.
- Assistance to Replace Lost Documents/Passports/Visas: Travel MedEvac will assist members who lose travel documents, passports or visas while traveling outside of their home country.
- Emergency Money Transfer: Travel MedEvac will assist members to transfer funds from a family member or friend in the event of a medical emergency while traveling outside of their home country. Foreign hospitals may require payment in full prior to any treatment or hospitalization.
- Lost Baggage Assistance: Travel MedEvac will assist members with retrieval of any lost luggage while traveling outside of their home country.
- Translation Services: Travel MedEvac will assist members with translation services when communicating with medical specialists outside of their home country.
- Immunization, Passport, and Visa Requirement Services: Travel MedEvac will assist members who seek information regarding visa, passport and immunization requirements outside of their home country.
FIVE YEAR PLANS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING ENHANCED SERVICES
- Emergency Ground Ambulance: If you have an emergency and require ground ambulance transport, we cover any out-of-pocket expenses you may have that are not covered by medical insurance.
- Stranded Pet Return: If Travel MedEvac arranges for your air medical transport home, pets may also be flown home with the member if approved in advance of any transport by the air ambulance provider. If the air ambulance provider is not able to accommodate transport on the air ambulance for any reason, Travel MedEvac will pay for the return of your dog or cat, including an escort or family member if necessary. Alternately, if you have an Expat Plan or Extended-Stay Plan and prefer to have a friend or family member fly to your residence to care for your pet, Travel MedEvac will pay for one round trip commercial flight to do so.
- Home Waiver: If a member is hospitalized with a serious or critical illness or injury less than one hundred and fifty (150) miles away from their home residence in the United States (excluding Hawaii) or Canada, Travel MedEvac will waive the one hundred fifty (150) mile requirement and provide medical transport from hospital to hospital for the member.
- Visiting Grandchildren Medical Transport: If a grandchild is hospitalized and suffers a serious injury or illness while traveling more than 150 miles from their Primary Residence and visiting their grandparent(s) without their parents or legal guardian(s), they will be provided air medical transport services to their home hospital.
- Disabled Driver Vehicle/RV Return: If a Travel MedEvac member is the primary driver and is not hospitalized but does become medically incapacitated to an extent which prevents them from driving for more than seven days, Travel MedEvac will pay for the return of the vehicle in the same manner as someone who is hospitalized with a serious injury or illness.