Put Your Case in the Hands of the Right Medical Expert
Have one of the world’s top specialists review your medical case through Best Doctors’ InterConsultation™ service.* InterConsultation provides an in-depth analysis of your case – by an expert in your particular condition. It’s like a second opinion, only better!
- We collect all your records, X-rays, scans, test results and pathology samples. You don’t travel, visit doctors’ offices or hunt down files.
- Files are reviewed. Images are re-read. Samples are retested at world renowned centers of excellence.
- After an in-depth study of your case, our expert provides you with a comprehensive, confidential report USB flash drive, including diagnostic and treatment recommendations.
- We enable collaboration with your treating physician to ensure the continued delivery of the highest quality care.
It’s Your Health – Make No Mistake About It
34% of all medical diagnoses are wrong. 68% of treatment plans require a correction.* 38% of surgeries are unnecessary. With Best Doctors, you can be sure your diagnosis and treatment plan are right. And you can be confident you’re making the right decisions about your health.
It’s a personal service that complements the care your own doctor provides. All it takes is a single, confidential call.
How InterConsultation™ Works
InterConsultation™ is a patented analytical process developed by Best Doctors founders at Harvard Medical School. It was created to provide the highest degree of diagnostic and treatment accuracy.
- You make a confidential call to Best Doctors. A Member Advocate who is a Registered Nurse (RN) assumes personal responsibility for your case.
- Best Doctors collects your medical records, imaging studies and pathology samples (which are retested at world-renowned Centers of excellence).
- Best Doctors’ internal physician and RN conduct an in-depth analysis of your case and create a clinical summary.
- Your case is matched to the most appropriate medical expert, who reviews the clinical summary along with all your records, images and pathology.
- The Best Doctors expert issues a detailed, confidential report with diagnostic and treatment recommendations.
- The expert’s report is reviewed by Best Doctors.
- Best Doctors shares the report with you and your treating physician (with your consent).
- Best Doctors follows up with you to see if you need any other help.
Ask the Expert
Get the Right Answers to Your Medical Questions
Questions about a medical condition or treatment plan? Our experts have the answers. No more wondering. No more worrying about what to do. No more confusing Internet searches.
Instead, you get expert guidance from a specialist who fully understands your unique situation. Answers are tailored to your needs and provided by a trusted source.
One Call for All Your Questions
- You make a confidential call to Best Doctors. We ask about your medical history and your concerns. We can also help you figure out what questions to ask.
- Your questions are matched to the best expert. The expert is chosen from a database of more than 53,000 top physicians in over 450 specialties and subspecialties.
- Within five days you receive a comprehensive, personalized report with the expert’s answers, along with recommendations for treatment options.
If you need to confirm a diagnosis or treatment plan, turn to our InterConsultation™ service. But if you need help understanding a medical condition or its treatment, just Ask the Expert.*
*Service availability may vary
Find a Best Doctor™
Find the Doctor Who’s Right for You
Whether you’re looking for a family doctor or dealing with your own medical condition, finding the right physician can be a challenge. We make it easy. With Find a Best Doctor™*, we can help you identify one or more doctors who meet your specific needs. You make a single call to Best Doctors, and we’ll do the rest.
Your Choice of the World’s Leading Medical Experts
With Find a Best Doctor, we’ll seek to match you with a doctor who has been chosen as the best in his or her field by other leading physicians. We:
- Take into account your age, medical history and health condition
- Search our proprietary network of more than 53,000 Best Doctors expert physicians in over 450 specialties and subspecialties
- Find an expert for you and/or a family member, providing up to three options**
- Call the doctor’s office to confirm that he or she is taking new patients and accepts your insurance
For over 20 years, we’ve been surveying doctors across America to find the top 5% of U.S. physicians for our Best Doctors in America® list. With Find a Best Doctor, you and your family have access to their guidance and expertise.
*Service availability may vary
**In some instances, we may be unable to identify a Best Doctors expert physician meeting your geographic criteria. If so, we can help you work with your insurer’s database to locate alternate providers.
The Doctors Other Doctors Trust Most
For over 20 years, we have conducted an extensive physician survey to identify the doctors that other doctors trust most. It is the largest ongoing, peer-reviewed survey in the medical industry.
As a result, we have a proprietary database of more than 53,000 medical experts in over 450 specialties and subspecialties worldwide. Best Doctors are:
- Reviewed and elected by their peers
- Clinically and academically accomplished
- Affiliated with national and global centers of excellence, including Dana Farber, MD Anderson, Baylor, Memorial Sloan-Kettering, Johns Hopkins and other leaders.
- Leading medical practitioners, researchers and teachers
- Members of a prestigious, peer-reviewed group that includes the top 5% of U.S. physicians
To date, our experts have reviewed tens of thousands of cases, providing invaluable diagnostic and treatment recommendations. We do not pay physicians to be included in our database and they do not pay us.
Through Best Doctors, medical experts and treating physicians are working together in an innovative new way to ensure that patients make the right decisions and receive the right care. Simply put, we are reinventing right together.
Explore My Options™
Get the Right Information Before Making a Medical Decision
Your doctor has recommended surgery. Or a new medication. Or a procedure you know nothing about. How do you get the information you need to make the right treatment decisions? With Best Doctors’ Explore My Options.*
Don’t Take the Next Step Until You Understand Your Options
With Explore My Options, you:
- Speak with a Best Doctors representative who provides information, resources and insights to help you make a more informed decision about your health
- Gain a better understanding of the procedure or drug your doctor has recommended
- Get the right medical treatment at the right time, so you can move forward with confidence
Treatment Decision Support When You Need It Most
Explore My Options presently offers assistance with a growing numbers of conditions and drugs, and provides monitoring for preference-sensitive conditions. You can also verify your diagnosis and treatment plan with a medical expert through our InterConsultation service. All our services share one goal – to help you make the best possible decisions about your health.
*Service availability may vary